If you have been doing something improper to the body, then it will speak to you in ways you can’t ignore. When you become conscious of how your body speaks to you, you can then think of setting it right. This is very essential.
But let me tell you, this thought itself is a sign of respect which the body feels. Then, when you initiate taking care of it, the body knows how to thank you.
With so much thoughts and emotions going topsy-turvy in your mind, you are drained out of your energy, not to forget your daily stress and strains of life. You may observe some symptoms in your body which are inexpressive. They may be, but not limited to:
- Skin rashes
- Depressive mood
- Sleep problems, Puffy eyes and Headache
- Low-grade infection
- Gaining weight
- Menstrual problems
- Feeling stressed
- Joint and muscle pain
- Foul-smelling stools
- Food cravings
- Bad breath
- Sinus problem
- Postnasal drip
- Neurological problems
All over the world, different cultures practice different ways of detoxification. Principally, when toxins in different organs of the body aren’t filtered properly, there is a need for a detox program. Detoxification pushes out the impurities from the body in a natural way.
Here are some of the best detox practices to include in your diet. These are simple inclusion or exclusion that you may follow:
1. Start by exercising
Exercise is the natural detoxing process as it paves the way for us to sweat. It helps to improve blood circulation and thereby the organs can get cleansed effectively. Through sweat, the body is able to eliminate the impurities which we call as toxins.
2. Water is an Essential Purifier
Consuming 3 to 4 liters of water per day brings effective results. When the body remains hydrated it helps to produce saliva which directly helps in digestion. With more water intake, it helps the body to sweat to release toxins
3. Control your Sugar Intake
Gradually cut down on your sugar consumption and instead try depending on natural sugar. Fruit is a natural sweetener. You can also add cinnamon as a replacement for sugar to your yogurt, tea or coffee. This will also help to control your blood sugar levels.
4. Drink Sattu on an Empty Stomach
Sattu has amazing detoxifying properties. It has a lot of healing benefits as it is rich in salt, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and fiber. It keeps the body hydrated and it instantly boosts up your energy. You get it in powder form and so it is easy to carry wherever you go.
Just mix it in water, add a little salt (preferably black salt) and squeeze lemon juice as per your taste. Although you can have it at any time of the day, however, it is best to have in the morning in empty stomach.
The gorgeous actress Deepika Padukone stocks sattu powder which would last for one month. She keeps on sipping at regular intervals to keep her hydrated in the hot weather.
5. Drink Herbal Tea or Green Tea
Herbal Tea and Green Tea have antioxidant properties and flushes out harmful toxins from your body. Having 2 – 3 cups daily (can increase to 4 to 6 cups gradually) enhances your immune system along with detox effect.
6. Include Herbs and Spices in your Detox Program
These herbs can help you a long way to detoxify your body:
- Cilantro: This common herb helps to rid of the body’s heavy metals. The herb aids digestion and it can be sprinkled over food and salads, or can be added to any detox drink of choice. Blend it, extract juice or make a puree and drink.
- Turmeric: Turmeric water increases vital enzymes in the body which helps to detox the blood. It does wonderful work for the liver. Take a glass of warm water and add one teaspoon of turmeric. However, always add either lemon juice or pepper or honey to the drink, which not only is beneficial but adds flavor to the drink too.
- Neem: This magic leaf is extremely beneficial to liver. Though it is bitter in taste, it destroys harmful bacteria and cleans the colon for better digestion. Neem has been used as home remedy in India for ages. According to the Times of India, for good health and wellbeing, Ayurvedic medicines uses extracts of neem leaves as one of the key ingredients.
- Ajwain: Also known as carom seeds. It can be used as a very good detoxing agent for the body. For instant relief from gas or indigestion, you can chew one teaspoon of ajwain seeds followed by a glass of water; or you can boil in a glass of water, let it stand for 2-3 minutes and then strain and have it.
However, if you have any severe or chronic illness, please consult your physician before starting on a detox program. For e.g. during pregnancy or nursing mothers, or patients having diseases like cancer, or any system disorder, certain ingredients may not be appropriate.
What do you think about our recommendation? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.