Have you been missing on some delectable dishes people enjoy globally, and can’t taste them just because you’re kinder on this planet, just because you’re more compassionate to ditch animal-derived foods?
We’re sharing this simple and easy-to-make vegan creme caramel, also called ‘pudding’ recipe that is sans any milk and no question of eggs but tastes equally good.
This pudding will be on the denser side since we’re using bread crumbs. In case you want something silkier and fluffier, follow the same recipe, just skip the bread part in all forms.
Damn simple to make but rewarding it tastes and feels, get this ‘creme caramel’ making at home.
For Caramel Pudding you will need
- Sugar- ¼ cup
For Creme Caramel Pudding you will need
- Custard powder- 4 tbsp
- Water- ½ cup
- Oat Milk- 1 ½ cup
- Vegan coconut creme
- Bread crumbs/ crumbled bread (Optional) – 2 tbsp
- Sugar- ½ cup
To make the caramel:
- In a saucepan melt the ¼ cup sugar for the caramel. Use a spatula to stir the sugar and wait until it turns dark brown.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and then pour the caramel to the bowl you want to set your pudding. Preferably a ramekin bowl.
To make the creme caramel:
- Cut the edges of the bread slices and then chop the slices into small pieces. Grind the small pieces of the bread well. In case you’re using crumbs, this step is not for you.
- Add 4 tbsp of custard powder in ½ cup water. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 ½ cup of almond milk and ½ cup of sugar.
- Add two tablespoon of coconut creme. Heat the mixture.
- Next, pour the custard mix and stir it in medium flame until the whole stuff thickens.
- It must look like a thick sauce without any lumps.
- Lower the flame and add bread crumbs gradually (optional).
- After stirring well for a minute, transfer the whole mix into the caramel bowl and dab it slightly to set.
- Caramel must be in the bottom of the bowl to get the finishing effect.
- Next, heat some water in another pan and place a stand inside. Place the mould/ bowl on the stand and steam it in medium flame for 20 to 30 minutes.
- If baking, bake it for 20-30 mins at 180-degrees celsius at 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- Bring it in room temperature and refrigerate the pudding for 2 hours before serving, for best taste.
Now, your pudding is ready to serve. Garnish with some fresh or frozen fruits and berries and enjoy the sweet and simple meal anytime.
For more recipes, follow our cuisine page here.
What do you think about this recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.