NewsItaly cable car boy survivor out of intensive care

Italy cable car boy survivor out of intensive care

-

Rome, Italy: According to a medical source, the five-year-old child who was the sole survivor of an Italian cable car tragedy that killed 14 people was taken out of intensive care on Tuesday.

In the May 24 tragedy near the summit of the Mottarone mountain in the northwestern Piedmont region, the youngster, called Eitan, lost his parents, younger brother, and great-grandparents.

Eitan was transferred to a regular ward after lunch, a spokesman for the Citta Della Salute hospital in Turin told AFP.

The hospital stated the youngster was “constantly improving” and healing from his chest and abdomen injuries when the decision was made a day earlier.

It went on to say that his aunt was at his bedside. According to Italian media, Eitan’s family, originating from Israel, relocated to northern Italy in 2018.

The child was rushed to the hospital in critical condition after the incident. He was sedated and intubated for several days before waking up on Thursday.

Italy has been shocked by the accident.

It killed Eitan’s family and others who were out on a Sunday outing to the cable car’s beautiful point.

Also read | Child fights for life as deadly Italy cable car crash probed

Just as the cable car was about to arrive at its destination, the draw cable snapped. It then soared backward, crashing to the earth after dislodging itself from a second, supporting rope.

Emergency brakes, which may have stopped the car on its supporting wire and prevented the disaster, had been deactivated, according to investigations.

Three men were arrested but freed over the weekend: the cable car’s head technician, a technical director, and the owner of the cable car running firm.

Gabriele Tadini, the technician, was placed under house arrest after confessing to deactivating the brake system because it was malfunctioning but claimed that his two supervisors were aware of the situation.

They have denied this and were released when a judge ruled that there was “totally insufficient evidence” against them. All three males are still being investigated by the authorities.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Sacrifice, exile: how Filipina Hidilyn Diaz made Olympic history

Tokyo, Japan: Triumphant weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz will now forget the years of exile, sacrifice, training, and nutrition that took...

World Bank to finance extra Covid jabs for poorer nations

Geneva, Switzerland: A new World Bank financing mechanism will allow developing countries to purchase Covid-19 vaccines collectively through the...

Record-shattering heatwaves caused by pace of warming: study

Paris, France: Heatwaves that obliterate temperature records as in western Canada last month and Siberia last year are caused...

After Covid jab, BioNTech sets sights on malaria vaccine

Frankfurt, Germany: Germany's BioNTech, which developed a coronavirus vaccine with US giant Pfizer in record time, said Monday it...

Greece will start vaccinating 12-15 yr-olds in August

Athens, Greece: Greece will open Covid-19 vaccinations to youngsters aged 12-15 in August, Health Minister Vassilis Kikilias told local...

Tunisia president sacks defense minister amid ‘coup’ fears

Tunis, Tunisia: Tunisian President Kais Saied sacked the defense minister Monday, a day after ousting the prime minister and...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you